Saturday, June 30, 2007

the cleaning trap

Last night S. and I went to opening night of the Illinois Shakespeare Festival's Much Ado About Nothing. It was fab.u.lous. Laughed out loud at many parts and developed a crush on a couple of the actors. These things translate to a show well done.

As those who have just experienced a night of thees and thous are wont to do, S. and I found ourselves speaking in a pathetic imitation of Shakespearean English. As in, "Does thou have to go pot?" "I dost." "Let us thou go then."

On the drive home:

Me: Dost thou lovest me, honey bunny?

He: I dost.

Me: You dust? Ooh! You do love me.

He: I dost.

Me: You dost. Get it? You dust.

He: I get it.

Me: But you dost'nt dust. You must dust.

He groans.

Me: Dost thou lovest me?

He: Dost thou have a gun with which to shootest myself?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home