Tuesday, June 19, 2007

once again, she's back

Lots of small trips planned this summer. We're going to see the Cubs again in mid-July, then Keita will be in Chicago the following weekend for a conference, so I'll go stay with her and then bring her back here for a visit. Then in early August, we're planning a two-day trip to the Toledo Zoo to see the hippoquarium. Hippos! And finally, in September, my friends, it's Hawai'i! S. earned his CPCU designation by finishing up his exams this spring. Each year there's a CPCU annual meeting where new designees are recognized. State Farm pays for the entire trip, including a guest, and this year it just happens to be in Hawai'i. Holy shitters. Next year it's in Philadelphia or something. He picked a good year.

So, yeah, the Cubbies lost BIG TIME on Sunday. It was actually kind of painful to watch. But I had my hot dog (yummers) and I had my beer (or two) and we had a fun time in spite of their big loss. I took a few pics but haven't had time to upload them yet.

Oh, and the teaching anxiety dreams have begun. Class was in session, I told students I'd be back in five minutes--I just had to make copies--and it took me more than an hour. I got lost or something. Stuck in a ridiculously long line. And they desperately needed whatever it was I was copying. Ugh.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will love Hawai'i, even though Honolulu is a big city. The beaches are great. If you get a chance to see the Big Island or one of the others, grab the opportunity--they are really interesting, each with its own kind of beauty.

Congratulations to S.

Mini-vacations are a great way to maximize limited time and funds. Have a blast!

shoe

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Maybe you're having sympathy anxiety dreams for me, since I'm teaching a summer class for UC starting next week...it's a warm-up for WRT104, and my goal (according to the head honcho) is "to get their feet wet." As hot as its been, we just may take that literally...

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of CPCU candidates strategically time their finishes to the location of the conference. In my case, it was New York City, back in 1983. That was my first trip to New York, and it was a blast. It was also the first of several professional (insurance-related) designations I earned, in part to get to go to cool places (Toronto, Boston, San Francisco...)

Congratulations to S. from a CPCU old-timer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home