Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'll take the BIGGER half, thank you

Last night I was SO TIRED that I couldn't even get up off the couch to dish ice cream into a bowl. So I asked S. ever so nicely to do so. He did. He filled up two bowls with chocolate (low fat, no sugar added) ice cream, and then presented mine to me. I noticed that his had more in it. Like prolly an entire scoop more. So I whined about it. He gave me a little bit more from his bowl.

Me: Don't you know that when you do the serving you have to let the other person pick? It's like when you were a kid and you broke a candy bar in half.

S.: What?

Me: You know, the person who breaks the candy bar doesn't get to pick which half she gets--that would be unfair.

S. is quite perplexed.

Me: You should have scooped the ice cream and then let me decide which bowl I wanted. That's what you do when you share candy bars.

S.: I don't share candy bars.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Now, I *know* I'm supposed to offer the larger portion to the other person (good manners and all), but often I just mask the fact that mine has more...and feel guilty... (Guilt is so easily assuaged by ice cream, isn't it?)

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, in my defense again:
What I told Amy today was that if I was buying a candy bar for me that I would also buy one for her.

Plus, I don't know of any rules about sharing candy bars, & who gets to choose who gets which half. I think it's just another way of THE MAN trying to hold us down & perpetuate the differences between those who DO share candy bars & those who DON'T.

In MY day, we ate what we could get & we liked it. We loved it!

S.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

And I bet you walked 10 miles uphill in the snow to the 7-11 to get that candy bar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home