Monday, May 28, 2007

sunny, sunny North Carolina

It's raining in Bloomington, and has been for days. So S. and I chose a good week to leave, it looks like. Have I mentioned that I miss my bug-bug? Oh how I miss my booda booda girl.

We're having a very nice, very relaxing time. I'm usually not very good at this "vacation" thing--but I'm learning how to not feel guilt about sleeping in every morning until 9, about not constantly worrying about what I should be doing (though I confess to having thought about my book a few times), and I'm learning how to just sit and visit with S. and his family. So so good and relaxing. There'll always be a part of me, of course, that stands back in pure amazement at families who actually like each other and enjoy spending time together. But I'm getting there.

This morning after breakfast, as she was sitting upstairs playing solitaire on the computer and listening to me and S. and his dad talking, S.'s stepmom told me how much she enjoys hearing our laughter in the house.

Ah, and I made a pop culture reference yesterday that S. didn't get--let me repeat. I made a pop culture reference that S. didn't get. I was talking about how stupid Grey's Anatomy has jumped the shark this season. This was a moment to remember.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

1. Kudos on your newfound pop culture knowledge!
2. I wonder if the term "jumped the shark" has lost its meaning here. It was originally applied to a show that had been on the air for a while and made some desperate move for ratings. Grey's Anatomy was trying something a bit different...misguided, perhaps, but not so much shark jumpage.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

I CAN'T STAND HAVING YOU GONE FOR SO LONG!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Never fear, my dear. I'm baaaaaack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home