Tuesday, May 22, 2007

on finishing one another's sentences

Ya know how they say you sound like a married couple when you begin finishing one another's sentences? We ain't quite there yet. Instead, I often don't let him finish his own sentence. Witness:

I'm driving him to work this morning because his car's in the shop. As I'm driving, my arms on the steering wheel, I say: My muscles (prounounced "musk-les") hurt from carrying all that water and soda into my office yesterday.

He: Couldn't you have borrowed a cart or something?

Me: Yeah, but I didn't think I'd need it.

He: What about for the fridge?

Me: Yeah, I used a wheelie for the fridge.

He: I've got a dolly at home if you ever need it. It's cool--you can put things on it standing up, and then there's a way to put it so that things can be lying down on it.

Me: So you could wheel me around.

He: It's got a pretty heavy weight capacity... [sentence unfinished]

Me, screaming: ACK! It's got a pretty heavy weight capacity, so that means it can carry ME?

He: You didn't let me finish my sentence. I was going to say, it's got a pretty large weight capacity so it could probably carry both of us.

Me: I'm still gonna blog this.

He: As long as you make it clear that I hadn't finished my sentence before you hit the roof.

Me: Have a lovely day at work, honey.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love you guys!

shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home