Friday, June 15, 2007

off to see the Cubbies

We redeem S.'s fabulous birthday present this weekend, folks. Tomorrow's a day of shopping in the big city, including and most importantly, a few hours at IKEA. We're staying with family of S.'s, so that evening we'll sit around and eat and drink and talk and drink and talk, etc. Then Sunday's the big day: my first time at Wrigley Field. I'm gonna have a hot dog and a beer.

Lately I've been stressing a bit about the work I've been trying to get done. It just seems to be going so sloooooooooooooooooowly. And then I try to remind myself that all the prep work I'm doing before actually beginning to write is indeed important and, I don't know, to give myself a break. But it ain't easy. I'm inside this head of mine WAY TOO MUCH. And my new office in the haunted building is very remote--no other voices to be heard unless I go seeking them. So it gets kinda lonely.

But this weekend will be lots of fun. Beginning tonight, with, I shit you not, the carnival at the Epiphany Catholic Church. Because it's fantastic for people-watching and because the Boat Drunks, a Jimmy Buffett cover band, will be playing. An epiphany in margaritaville, if you will.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a cure for silent rooms, invest in one of those noise machines people use to sleep or block out traffic noises. I have one with the sound of the surf and I leave it one all the time. When I go to my retreat, I am immediately greeted with the sound of the ocean and it is soooooo soothing. I chill out immediately. Check them out on Sharper Image.

shoe

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Boat Drunks are fun. They play in Champaign a lot and I've seen 'em a few times. Good times. Enjoy!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

The game was on tv. But even the thrill of spotting you in the crowd couldn't make me watch it. Sorry. (My first ex said baseball was a combo of chess and sex. See, it's the chess part that bores me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home