Wednesday, June 27, 2007

never thought I'd see the day

Um, HELL-O.

On Sunday afternoon, with no honey around, I turned on the television to watch the Cubs.

Let me repeat that.

All. By. Myself. I turned on the television to watch the Cubs. S. had told me that they were on earlier that morning, but still. This is a major. move. on. my. part. Am. I. overusing. the. every. word. period. thing? Mayhaps.

But oh how the drone of the crowd in the background gets to me. And the announcers who NEVER. SHUT. UP. Can't they let a minute or two go by with just, I don't know, happy silence? I often prefer to watch baseball with the sound muted, but on Sunday with that 8th inning craziness, I had to listen to the announcers telling me what was going on. That base running looked like something our softball team would've done last year.

Who am I? Last night S. and I watched part of the game and when I got home, I had to turn it on to see what was happening. This before I watched a rerun of Close to Home.

S. is playing Scrabble. I'm watching the Cubbies. Voluntarily.

Things, they is wacky here in the middle o' Illinois. Simply wacky.

And look, I'm even making a new category for posts: baseball.

Holy shitters.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home