Tuesday, July 03, 2007

cheeky

Oh, my aching cheeks. Rather, my cheek. My right cheek is quite swollen after having a wisdom tooth removed yesterday. I look like I

a) have taken up chewing tobacco
b) have decided to join the squirrels in storing nuts for the winter
c) was struck on one side of my head with a tire iron
d) will trying anything to get out of painting the other bathroom at S.'s house

The second bathroom shall be painted khaki and will blend nicely with the dark wood trim already in there. We installed a new light fixture in the red bathroom and, much to my dismay, the 180 watts of light (3 60-watt bulbs) brought out all the little imperfections in my paint jobs. A couple of drips, a stray piece of wallpaper stuck underneath the paint. Grrrrr. I think we'll replace those 60-watt bulbs with 25-watts so nobody notices. 'Cuz you know everytime I go into that room I'll be staring at the walls noticing every little problem. That's just who I am. As S. likes to say, I gotta be me.

And right now, it's not easy being me. The ice pack is helping some, but mostly I just want to get back to my regular activity level. I'm no good at sitting around.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

Sincere sympathies. As well as thanks: I appreciate the image of aerobil storing nuts for the winter.

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha, the artist who signs his name by sticking a piece of toilet paper on the bathroom wall before painting has struck again! It is just too much of a coincidence. I have the same problem in a new house. Think about it--the toilets weren't even working when they painted (they had those one-site portables). You guys don't go around sticking your toilet paper on the wall either before or after painting. Maybe we can track his travels around the country! One doesn't see it until more light than normal is shed on this "signature." Is it a mark of irritation that we have a bathroom while he is condemned to spend his life traveling from one porta-potty to the next, or is this a sign of pride of workmanship? Should we be proud to have been selected to be the recipients of this distinction?

Condolences on the swollen jaw.

Shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home