Tuesday, July 10, 2007

adventures of a doggie who looks like a fire truck

Okay, so you all know by now how much of an escape artist the little girl is. Oh, how she likes to run free and chase the opossum, the bunnies, the squirrels, the trash that litters our street. And you also know that she now wears a reflective collar, which wouldn't be my first choice because, well, she's no longer a fashion idol for all doggies in central Illinois--instead she wears her collar like a scarlet letter. I am a doggie who escapes. Who has escaped too many times. My mommy is tired of it. And scared for my safety. So I wear this ugly collar that looks like the waistband of a pair of tighty whities.

S. suggested long ago that we also get her a blinking light for her collar. I at first shrugged it off, but then for some reason last week I gave in. I went to Petco, who I know used to carry them, but they had discontinued them. I went to a local pet store and found a red-and-white blinking light that attaches to her collar. You turn it on by tightening it clockwise, and when it's on and it's dark out, it's BRIGHT. That combined with the collar should save her from any oncoming cars should she ever escape my grip again.

The other night I took her for a walk in the dark and turned her blinking light on. Funnnee. I love how she just jaunts along, oblivious to the fact that she's lighting up the night. It also makes things easier when I have to pick up her bizness. The light shows me the way.

We passed a group of teenagers sitting on their porch. They laughed and said how cute Belly looked with her blinking light. "She's pretending she's a fire truck," I told them.

Cuters.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home