Monday, August 13, 2007

I's still kickin'

The blog these days has become like one of those friends with whom you really need to catch up, but you know it's gonna take a while so you keep putting it off until finally those friends either a) give up on you; or b) assume you're dead.

I'm not dead.

I moved in with S. and there's SO SO much unpacking to do. And there's still a little bit of crap at the old house. Including poop in the yard. Lovely, I know.

Hillary came last week and we put in the laminate flooring. Holy shitters that was a lot of work. When I get my home computer set up, I'll post pics. Hillary is an incredible friend: who else but a friend who's known you since you were 10 would come to your place for a week to work? She worked her ass off. My ass worked, but not like hers. Dang.

School starts in a week, and as soon as I've got my crap unpacked at home, I'll be ready. I miss students.

Belly's a little bit confused still. Each night I think she's wondering why we're not going home. But we have a new nightly ritual: after our walk, we go into the guest room and lay down on my old bed and she chews rawhide while I rub her butt. She needs to know she's still my precious girl. And she needs to have her rawhide in a room without Scully and Mulder. Rawhide with more than one dog in the room is never a good idea.

It's been quite the summer. I'm exhausted but happy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home