Tuesday, July 24, 2007

where we hang our hats


hats
Originally uploaded by aerobil
Yup, it's true. Belly and I are officially moving in with S. and Scully and Mulder on August 15. There's a "For Rent" sign in my front yard. It's becoming real.

And with this very grown-up move (some might call it living in sin) comes a new development in Amy's psychic life. I'm slooooooooowly learning to let go, to give myself a break. This is about work, of course. The work I thought I was going to get done this summer. The work that clearly isn't going to get done this summer because I've been spending a LOT of time getting S.'s place ready for me and Belly. Painting. Cleaning. Garage Sales. Hillary's coming in a couple weeks to help us put in the new floors. THAT'll be something. I'm SO hard on myself about constantly working working working and I'm ALWAYS worried about what I'm not getting done. What I have accomplished: I sent out a book propspectus and I'm finishing up work on the edited collection on plagiarism with Becky. Account for yourself, Amy. Ugh. Someone kill that voice please.

S. and I are gonna have fun together. The other night we were lying on the couch watching TV together and I said to him, "Wanna know a huge advantage to my moving in? You get to get things for me while I just lie here." Yeah, he'll be loving life.

4 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

1. I'm really really happy for you.
2. I'm kinda jealous.
3. I just read a really funny piece in the Advocate about straight couples who do the lesionic thing and end up dressing alike. Please resist. It's not attract among my people, and I don't want this to spread.
4. That rule, of course, does not apply to sporting events, provided said sporting events do not occupy a significant portion of your time.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Correction: "the lesbionic thing." "Lesionic" isn't event a word, for goodness' sake!

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't sin great!

shoe

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

I read that as "lesion-ic" as in those who have lesions. Huh. Or it could be "less bionic" as in not quite as bionic as the bionic man. Either way, I currently own three Cubbies shirts and one hat, and S. prefers the baseball jerseys. And Belly, as you can see in the photo, has just one hat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home