Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I blog so I can remember moments like these

In my life writing class this afternoon, in the building that is forever being renovated, the horrible stench of paint thinner or spray paint or SOMETHING forced us to go outside. It's a gorgeous seventy-degree day, so it was an easy choice to make. As we were walking out of the room, I told everyone that I just wanted them to know that I never cave and have class outside because it's so easy for everyone to get distracted. But since the smell is so bad and you guys are so mature, I think we can do it.

Once we round everybody up outside, we actually have a pretty productive meeting. We always have great discussions in that class, and that continued outside. We were running a little short on time, but then again, in that class, we're always running a little short on time. Too much to talk about. A lifetime's worth of material to try to fit into one semester: not easy.

With two minutes left to go, a doggie walked by. I could see him clearly. He was not on a leash, but he was obeying his person so well among the throngs of students walking by. I regressed to my doggie voice. Doggie! Look at the Doggie wog! Who's a good little doggie wog?

And as I was giving students their papers back, I noted that we'd had a pretty productive class outside. And I usually don't have class outside because students so often get distracted. Doggie!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home