Tuesday, March 17, 2009

she lives! And it's 2009!

Hello you people. I've missed my blog. I think that not blogging can account for some of the free-floating anxiety I've been feeling in the last three months or so about not having a defined writing project in the works. And I thought about my blog a LOT in February when I was going through a very difficult time with Annabelle--in short, a cancer scare that turned out to be just that, a scare. I know that writing about it here would've helped me, but it all seemed so damn complicated at the time, so I just stayed away. So what else has happened since December 19, you ask?

I've spent too much time on Facebook, which is such a surface among surfaces. It only gives me a blip of other people's lives, gives others a blip of my life and then we move on to the next day. No room for complexity.

I've been teaching a life writing course this semester and absolutely loving it. This blog is, after all, a kind of life writing.

We had new carpet installed in the three bedrooms upstairs. Holy shitters, is it fourteen thousand times better.

Mom had a very minor heart attack back in December and will be having surgery soon to fix the problem.

My office at school has officially been designated "headquarters" for the wicked cool people. Right now we've got a few satellite offices and we're still looking to expand, though I'm not sure how many more bodies we can fit into headquarters as it is now. Might have to get us a bigger space.

I've missed my blog. Welcome back, LTF. We'll soon be writing more about doggies. I promise.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Hootah said...

I'm already perched on the mini-fridge. Where would new peeps sit? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home