Sunday, October 16, 2005

the curse of the recurring dream

Night after night lately, I'm back at my old job at Better Communications, the business writing training company (where I worked from 95-97 full time and then part time during my M.A. from 98-99) and I haven't gotten paid for all of the work I'd done during the month of June. I keep calling and I keep trying to point it out, but they just keep telling me they're looking into it.

In last night's dream, I'm trying to find my way from Paint a Plate, the pottery studio where I also worked while getting my M.A., to Better Communications. And I learn along the way that one of the owners of Paint a Plate has this lakeside home where I can stay for a few days if I want. Things happen, time goes by, and then I realize that I'm going to be late for teaching my writing workshop. So I rush back onto Route 2, only to get there to find that I'm not teaching a writing workshop but a BIBLE WORKSHOP. I quit immediately.

How about a Bible writing workshop? Now that'd be good.

5 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I have recurring dreams that I'm working at the library, where I spent 7 years. That's a lot. I'm not doing my job right, and I can't figure out how to use the computers, and everybody's mad at me.

I don't think that means anything, do you?

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Oh no, not at all. No insecurities there. Not at all.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had two dreams the other night that involved a colleague of mine, a bad-tempered fellow in real life, who was walking around my parents' house with no pants on. What does it mean, O Oracle?

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

you LOVE him and want him to be more open with you.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shiver*

(a.f.p.o.d.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home