Saturday, October 15, 2005

Let the birthday parties begin

Last night Julia treated me to a birthday dinner at Outback and it was dee-licious. When I was in grad school in Syracuse, friends and I ate out all the time, especially at the begining of the semester when the student loan checks came in. Now I rarely eat out, so when I do, it's a special treat. I ate way too much, including part of a huge piece of cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Yumma yumma.

There's quite the social community that has developed at the dog park over the last year. The regulars all go at the same time and we've all gotten to know each other fairly well. We've had a couple doggie birthday parties and are developing little mini dramas to gossip about. Come to find out that Nan, mother of Molly girl, and I have the same birthday. So Friday afternoon, the 21st, we're having a party that includes beverages. No cake because just imagine the mess that would be with all the beasts hovering.

Then next Saturday night, I'm using my birthday as an excuse for a game night at my place. Julia's baking a cheesecake and she wants to be sure it's better than the one I had last night. That's just fine with me, thank you.

Life is good. Cake is everywhere. Dogs are everywhere. And my pants still fit. For now.

4 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I think I'm going to call you several times daily for the next week to sing various off-key versions of the birthday song....

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

When I was thirty-three,
it was a very good year...


(Come to think of it, it wasn't that great... Hope yours is, though!)

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Amy :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home