Friday, March 10, 2006

Iron & Wine

Oh. My. God. The. Voice.

I can listen to "Trapeze Swinger" over and over and over again. Or "Such Great Heights."

It's the voice. It's killing me. I love it so much that it makes me want to climb under the covers and just die while listening to it. Bittersweet. Melancholy. Nostalgic. None of these words really work to describe it.

When I die, play "Trapeze Swinger" at whatever services there are. The eloquent graffiti at the pearly gates. Indeed.

Like"We'll meet again."
And "Fuck the man."
And "Tell my mother not to worry."

LOVE. IT.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Holy crap, didn't know you liked Iron and Wine...a-mazing...check out "Woman King." I've got two of their CD's if you wanna borrow, and fuck I never burned you Ani D. I better get on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home