Monday, August 20, 2007

holy shitters, it's good to be back

online, that is. on the blog. on cable high-speed internet. glory be.

My home office is set up. I'm unpacked except for random crap like a box filled with seasonal decorations (e.g., Spike the wooden snowman), a sewing kit, and a few small games. Don't know where to put them.

I told S. a while back, before we moved in together, that I don't know how to live with another person. It's been a REALLY long time. Like, I dunno, 12 years since I last lived with someone. And I was 22 years old. A lot has changed since then. I've developed my annoying little habits. Have learned to fall asleep in a particular position. Have become accustomed to living most of my life without the TV on. And Belly and me--well, Belly has lived most of her life with just me. She's no longer the only dog in the house and I wish she could tell me how she's feeling about that. For the first few nights, I think she was still wondering when it was time to go home. I've set up her bed in my office so she can be with me during the day when I work, and we still take our walks mostly alone and we still have important snuggle time in the mornings.

Right now the most disruptive parts of our lives is the sleeping and the waking. S. gets up for work at 5:30. I get up at 7:30 on an early day. The house isn't soundproof enough for me to keep sleeping--at least not yet. Mayhaps I'll become an early-morning person and get all kinds of work done and stun the world with my brilliance--the brilliance that has been dormant as I've slept most of my mornings away.

We'll see.

First night of classes tonight. This means I'll miss The Closer. But the trusty DVR will save me. And the Cubbies are on at 7. I get out of class at 8:20. Ugh. Race home. Race home. Have I mentioned that my commute is now longer?

'tis indeed good to be back.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Nels P. Highberg said...

We use a white noise machine because he goes to bed about 10:30 and me about 1:00. He's up at 7:00 and me about 9:30. I could probably send a link since I bought it on Amazon. Email if interested.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I've missed your web presence. =)

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

One of the first mornings we were both in the house, my roommate emerged from her room as I was stumbling about in the kitchen, and she asked if I was okay. Grumbled I, "I shoulda mentioned I'm not a morning person in my first email..." Of course, I can tolerate a morning person, provided ze is not a sanctimonious morning person, who believes ze is morally superior for hir ability to be perky before, say, 10am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home