Monday, March 13, 2006

my very first trophy at age 33

Last night was Julie and Rob's bracketology party wherein a bunch of clueless wonders, along with a few who were actually in the know, filled out a NCAA bracket while drinking fabulously strong sangria and eating DEElicious organic hamburgers. The bracketology party is an annual event at the Jung-Isaacs household. After the teams for this year were announced, Julie and Rob did the honors of handing out the much-coveted trophies for last year's brackets. The categories were Most Correct Guesses (or something along those lines) and Best Upset.

I won a trophy, the first of my young life, for choosing one of the best upsets! Apparently I chose Bucknell last year to beat ??? (I don't even know who they beat, but it was apparently quite the upset).

I decided to build my very own trophy shelf.

But then it looked awfully lonely, so I put my fancy little trophy on top of my dresser, next to a cute little foam basketball that I stole from among the party favors.

In other hilarious, predictable news, I chose the same two teams to go all the way last year and this year: BC and Syracuse. You can see where my allegiances are. Last year I chose BC to win, this year Syracuse.

I do not profess to know a damn thing about college basketball, but shee-it, I got me a trophy.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Sheeee-it! A trophy?!? Well gosh diggity wilickers...I'd rather have that than a new banjo!

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a trophy shelf. you kill me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home