Thursday, March 16, 2006

C's paper: done

Next up: worry about what to do next.

New title for C's paper:
"For Argument's Sake: Bullshit, Social Class, and the Work of the Academy"
Coming soon to a Saturday near you. Shee-it.

My mother called me last night to ask how far I was from the devastating tornadoes that hit Springfield a few days ago. I tell her I'm about an hour away.

Mother: That's it?

Me: Yes. But we're fine.

Mother: What would you do if they came your way?

Me: Grab Belly and go to the basement.

Mother: What if your house blew up?

What if your house blew up?

Me: Well, I guess I'd go up with it. Me and the girl and the house, all up in the air.

What if your house blew up?

And they say I worry too much.

4 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jack said...

What if your house blew up? Did she mean blow away maybe?

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

prolly.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Then you and your little dog would be carried away to a magical land, a pomo paradise filled with popcorn snow and lemonade rain. (Sorry, that last bit was in one of the later Oz books. I read them all. Nope, no desire to escape my childhood, not at all.)

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

But houses do sometimes blow-up in tordadoes, don't they? Huge pressure changes in a short period of time and, boom! I grew up with tornadoes, so I never even think about them anymore. Although, I'll admit to never having seen a house blow up.

I still remember getting a kick out of people in Syracuse getting worried about a thunderstorm. Since those happen in Arkansas every few days in the summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home