Saturday, March 18, 2006

learning to just be

Saturday afternoon two days before spring officially begins. I graded a few papers and then decided to clean up the two porches in anticipation of spring. I cleaned up all the trash and the hundreds of sticks in the front yard and then swept both porches. Then Belly and I sat on the front porch for a while just smelling the spring air. She's good for me, that girl. She was so happy just lifting her head high and sniffing while getting love pats from me.

We'll take a nice long walk soon, eat our dinner, and snuggle in for some good reading tonight.

I almost just wrote what my next article might be about, but I stopped myself.

Tomorrow I'm driving up to Chicago area to visit with Tobi for the day. Can't wait! Lots of Scrabble, I'm sure. Scrabble and deep-dish pizza. That be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home