Monday, November 20, 2006

stockings and presents and doggies, oh my!

For the first time ever, I will have a Christmas stocking this year. S. and I went out and bought six of 'em on Friday night. One for me, one for him, and four for the beasts. S. keeps threatening Mulder that she's getting coal in her stocking, but don't worry, I got her some greenies and some football-shaped snausages.

It always seemed to me that the stockings were the best part of Christmas. It's the fun little things that are so great to open, isn't it?

We bought some puffy stick-on letters at Target, and last night we spent time together putting all of our names on our stockings. The big dilemma was whether Santa should know Belly as Belly or as Annabelle, but given the size of the letters and the size of her given name, we went with Belly. She specifically requested a blue B cuz, well, her middle name is Blue.

And get this, people. I'm done Christmas shopping already. I will not get caught in mall crowds and I will not put my parking karma to use in the mall parking lot. I just can't take it. Sign number 453 that I'm getting OLD.

I've had so much fun shopping for S. and I wish I could tell you what his extra-special present is, but well, he reads this here blog-o-rama, so that's out. Call me and I'll tell ya.

Life, my friends, is like Christmas. The big presents under the tree are wonderful, but it's the little things in the stockings that always end up being the most fun.

I'll test that theory in a month or so.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home